Calling all students, artists, and inspired community members!
The Princeton & District Museum and Archives is looking for a new logo and needs your help. We are seeking out talents from the community to design a creative, innovative, and professional logo. Please read below for more details regarding logo design, contest rules & submission requirements.
Logo Contest Official Rules
The object of this contest is to design a logo for the Princeton & District Museum and Archives, located in Princeton, British Columbia.
Contestants are permitted to work in groups; however, only one (1) prize will be awarded regardless of group size.
How to Enter
1. The contest begins on July 6, 2022. Submissions will be accepted through July 22, 2022. Winners will be announced via our website, social media, and by direct contact to the winner. All entries must be submitted by email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at the Princeton & District Museum during regular business hours for consideration and review as an official entry of the Contest.
2. The submission email must include: the full name(s) of the person(s) who designed the logo, age, postal address, phone number, and email address of the individual submitting the entry.
3. No more than 3 Entries may be submitted by any one individual.
4. Entries must conform to the Submission Guidelines set out below. Entries which fail to do so will be rejected.
5. The deadline for Entries is noon on July 22, 2022, Pacific Daylight Time.
6. We will attempt to acknowledge all entries within one week of receipt; however, we cannot be responsible for entries or responses lost in e-mail.
7. There is no fee to enter the Contest.
The purpose of the contest is to design a logo the Princeton & District Museum and Archives. The logo must be appropriate for a professional business setting.
The logo will be used online, in print, and on merchandise. Flexibility is a key requirement, including the need to resize easily and to look good in black and white as well as in color. The final version of the logo will need to be suitable for high quality printing. It should be visually appealing on both small (as small as 2 cm x 2 cm) and large scales.
The winning design will be announced on July 30, 2022. The winning contestant will receive:
1. A $100 prepaid Visa or MasterCard
2. A Town of Princeton t-shirt.
3. The bragging rights to identify him/herself as the logo designer.
Judging and Selection of Winner
1. The winning design will be selected by members of the Museum Board of Directors. Entries will be judged on their visual appeal, adherence to the concept prompting the contest, quality of design, and ease of reproduction for the purposes stated above.
2. The Princeton & District Museum and Archives reserves the right not to select a winner if, at its sole discretion, no suitable entries are received.
3. The Princeton & District Museum and Archives reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant or Entry at its sole discretion. No correspondence shall be entered into.
4. The winner will be required to sign a contract assigning all ownership of the logo to the Princeton & District Museum and Archives.
5. The winner will be notified via contact information given at the time of entry.
1. All Entrants affirm their submissions are their own original work, have not been copied from others or from previous designs, including their own, and do not violate the intellectual property rights of any other person or entity
2. All Entries will become the sole property of the Princeton & District Museum and Archives and may be used for any Princeton & District Museum and Archives purposes, including, but not limited to, display on websites, business cards, letterhead, posters, and other materials.
3. The Princeton & District Museum and Archives shall have the right to adapt, edit, modify, or otherwise use the winning submission in part or in its entirety in whatever manner it deems appropriate.
4. The Princeton & District Museum and Archives reserves the right to choose not to use the winning entry as described in these contest guidelines.
5. The Princeton & District Museum and Archives reserves the right to use any other entry for promotional or business purposes in the future.
1. The Princeton & District Museum and Archives is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, or otherwise unusable entries, including entries that are lost or unusable due to computer, internet, or electronic problems.
2. The Princeton & District Museum and Archives reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest and award the prize by alternate means if fraud or technical failure is determined at any time, including after the submission window has closed.
3. The Princeton & District Museum and Archives is not liable, for the purpose of winner and prize notification and delivery, in the event the contest winner has provided incorrect, outdated, or otherwise invalid contact information.